Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving with the Arreola's

My parents made the trip up to Georgia for Thanksgiving, sparing us four round trip tickets to Corpus Christi, Tx. It's always nice seeing Grandpa Chendo and Lita interacting with the girls. What are grandparents for if not to spoil their grandchildren?

Isabella grew accustomed to dessert after every meal, and snacking the entire day, but I must give my father credit because snacks don't get healthier than pomegranate.

They arrived on Saturday afternoon, and my father and Tim left Sunday morning for the ranch. My mother, Aimee and I were left to prepare for the tamale party which took place Monday evening. It was back to work on Tuesday for Tim at Stevi B's and for Grandpa and myself at home. The picture below has Abigail in her bumbo looking out at me blowing leaves.

Even Grandpa Walker made an appearance. It was fun catching up with him.

Wednesday we packed up the cars and headed to the ranch for our family Thanksgiving. After forgetting our pack and play, and locking my keys in the car at the Wal-Mart, we arrived around 5pm. Once we finally got there, Isabella took a little walk with Grandpa before dinner and we made smores before getting ready for bed.

Thanksgiving morning, Aimee and I went into town (Monticello, GA) to do early Black Friday shopping. I am glad that I went, becuase I got all sorts of things for free!! After breakfast we all hung around the cabin. Tim (now a card carrying GA hunter) played with his shotgun/rifle, Aimee and Abigail took a nap in the hammock, and Isabella and I took a zillion pictures.

"A hammer in the morning, a hammer in the evening......"







Oh how sweet it is to just take a nap mid morning on a hammock. They hung out like this for just under an hour. We couldn't have asked for better weather.
No trip to the ranch would be complete without a tractor ride down to the pond.

Isabella & Mommy tending to their babies.



Not wanting to cook after the Tamale Fiesta, we decided to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner via Cracker Barrel: turkey, ham, two sides, biscuits, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole (that I made). The turkey was not the best, but everything else was fantastic.

After taking about six pictures, this is the best I could do. You'd think I would have thought to move the water bottles, but I didn't.

We started adopting one of my favorite Walker traditions by going around the table and sharing a few things we were thankful for. Tim and I are so thankful for our growing family both immediate and extended, and for having such a wonderful place to spend quality family time.

After eating a ton of food, Isabella discovered pie (her new favorite thing). We returned to Atlanta late that afternoon in time for Black Friday, and to send my parents back to Corpus Christi, Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment