Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Virtual Lemonade Stand - Please Stop!!!


After receiving a prayer request from missionaries in Iraq, I was brought to tears.  The thought that adults and children are being persecuted for their faith is heart breaking.  Realizing that tears help nobody, we decided to run a lemonade stand for Samaritan's Purse who are out in the trenches helping refugees in amazing ways.  I didn't get into details with the girls, I felt like they are too young to know everything that is occurring, but they do know that families in the Middle East are being hurt and run out of their homes because of what they believe.

Because we don't live near many of you, I wanted to take our lemonade stand virtual. I encourage you to read more about what is going on in the Middle East, and consider donating to Samaritan's Purse. It's a very simple process just, click here.  

Here are a few pictures and narration of how our lemonade stand went:


The girls made their own sign (with a little help from me), and were very helpful setting up.  They were so excited to sell their first cup to our neighbors.  


They even held up our sign asking people to stop.   It was a tough lesson in rejection, because A LOT of people zipped right past those two cuties.  We just reiterated to them that we were not doing it for us, but for people who need help.  We raised a little money and had a teachable moment with our kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment