Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Adventures in Cooking

After watching Jaime Oliver’s Food Revolution., I was left with a profound need to start cooking wholesome unprocessed meals. Nothing over the top and not too organic (although I’ll try if it’s cost effective). So who better to lead me down that path than Jaime Oliver, via his new book Food Revolution. I wouldn’t recommend the book if you don’t like spices/exotic food. There are a lot of Indian and Asian inspired meals so not for the faint of spice.

Anyhow, today we tried Sweet and Sour Pork, and it was very good. The best part that it was very little prep and mess, can’t complain about that. Click on the link below for the recipe:

http://www.hubcom.com/recipe/cgi-win/recipe.exe?3$2$0$9$1465

A few notes: I used a pinch of crushed red pepper in place of the red chili, only used yellow bell pepper (but think I will use half of each next time). Also, it took me a while to fine Five Spice Power but it’s in the Asian food section.

Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment