
We received an invitation from Tim’s boss to join him over the weekend at their cabin. So we quickly packed our entire house and jammed it into the car. Before heading out, I stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a portable DVD player for Isabella to watch on the way up. She watched about an hour and a half of Baby Einstein during the entire 2.5 hour ride. Although I felt guilty about using the TV to entertain her, we arrived in a much better mood than shorter trips we’ve taken in the past.

The big highlight of the weekend was Isabella’s interaction with Matt and Michelle’s two dogs Nelson (after Nelson Mandela) and Louise (after the famous King). Nelson was an adorable French Bulldog and Louise a black pug. She was fascinated with the two dogs, but the second they came toward her she would freak out. No best friends were made between her and the puppies, but we were all genuinely entertained. Saturday we walked around the shops in downtown, most things were way out of our price range but we still had fun exploring the area. Tim suggested that I get a manicure, and of course I jumped at the opportunity. Lunch was spent at a dinner in the local grocery store, where I had the best burger and fries I’ve had in a long time.

After Isabella’s nap, we found a little park and set her loose. It was a short trip, but it was so nice to get away from our to-do list here at home. I also got to know Tim’s boss a little better, which is always a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment