Friday, August 27, 2010

Art Class at Gymboree

A few months ago I purchased a Groupon for Gymboree. I finally got around to signing Isabella and her Auntie Aimee up. Aimee couldn't take her this week, so mommy stepped up. Last week I struggled lugging around the two girls and all their gear. This week I was going to do better, so I decided to packed up the double stroller. I struggled for about ten minutes to fold it down, but eventually managed to get it in the car (not having a clue how I did it). The entire ride there I was praying the double stroller would fit in the tiny elevator in the shopping center, which it did.


Class went great! Isabella ate her first Play-Doh, mommy was too busy talking :). We danced, played with dirt, and created a few crafts centered around feet. Isabella is such a little helper, always helping the teacher pick up the crafts. The best part of the class was when she would proudly display our crafts to the teacher and the class, too sweet.

Getting the stroller back into the car was quite the task. I just could not figure out how to fold it down. After I struggled for about 10 minutes a man sought pity on me and came to help. He struggled for a little (yes!!!! it was not just me!), but eventually figured it out. I then said, "Wait a minute you need to teach this fisherman how to fish", so he sat there while I practice a few times. I thanked him profusely and went about my business. Thanks to the kindness of a random stranger I was able to keep myself from loosing my sanity. Something to think about when I am out and about.
Here are a few pictures of Isabella and her proud works of art. Wonder what's in store for us next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment