
My father has two sisters who's families I have very fond memeories spending time with as a child. You can imagine my excitement when Sarah, my cousin's wife & one of my closest friends, actually considered coming to Atlanta during Spring Break. The day they took off, I am not sure who was more anoying; their children asking if they were there yet, or me calling every 15 minutes of an 18 hour trip to see where they were. :)

Saturday morning the guys set out for a man trip to the ranch, and the girls spent a low key day together. Aimee took Sarah, Alula, and Isabella to Thrasher park & lunch in downtown Norcross. Although, Alula didn't understand why we were leaving a park (our backyard) to go to another park. Really got me thinking about how the more we posseses the higher our expectations. How do we as parents keep our children from such entitlement? I know it starts with us, but how difficult is that when we're already programed to want the newest, biggest, and best of everything.

That evening we had a little Birthday party for Alula who turned four earlier that week. We all enjoyed our brownies al fresco.

There were several surreal moments during the visit, but one that comes to mind is that now we are the moms on family trips. I remember when we use to pack up the family & I mean entire family to go on a road trip. My mom & Aunts would pack up the ice chest and we would stop at rest stops for our meals. They would crack open the Avocados and Bolillos and make us yummy sandwhiches. Now I found myself playing that role!!!

We tried our best making the trip special for the kids. The highlights included a trip to the Aquarium & Atlanta Zoo. Here are a few picture of our fun.

What is a trip to the zoo with out a train ride. Isabella had so much fun, I might just have to buy the unlimited pass next time around.

Our sweet Alula having fun in the petting zoo.

Here is Jacob petting a goat named Jacob.

I found this nest absolutly adorable, thought it was only appropriate to capture our baby birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment