Sunday, March 27, 2011

OMG I made Strawberry Jam!!!!!

I bought a 4lb box of strawberries from Costco for the shower we hosted this weekend, and had way too many left over. So I called my awesome mother-in-law and she gave me a few pointers on how to jam, no pun intended. As soon as Isabella woke up, I packed the girls in the car and set off to Kroger. To my surprise the pectin packets were on closeout for $.86!!!!!
I couldn't believe how easy it was!!! Just mash the fruit, mix in the sugar/pectin mix. Stir for three minutes, ladle into the jar, and let set for half an hour. Oh how yummy!!!!! I know this may be common knowledge to many of you, but to this housewife it was revolutionary. :) Gone are the days of store bought preserves, I made this much jam (which is good in my fridge for 3 weeks, and frozen for a year) for less than $6.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment