Thursday, January 24, 2013

Monticello Deer Festival

 We happen to stumble across the Jasper County Deery Festival, when going to my dad's ranch outside of Monticello, GA.  So the next day, after breakfast, we went into town and browsed the arts and crafts.  Everything was very folksy and my favorite was camouflage pillow case dresses.

 
Tim stopped at the taxidermy booth, the girls rode ponies and we all enjoyed watching the local dance team.  We didn't have the privilege of watching the crowning of the Jasper County Deer Festival Queen, but might we catch that next year. :)

 
In the kiddy corner they had pony rides and bouncy houses which the girls both LOVED.  Abigail wanted to go up all the slides but not by herself, so there I went 30 weeks pregnant.  My favorite was the giant slide, I screamed like a howler monkey all the way down. It was literally the most gleeful 5 seconds I've experienced in a long time.  I felt like a kid again. 
 

After our little trip into town we returned to the ranch for a little R&R.  I love these weekends we can spend together as a family. I hope the girls will remember these moments for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment