Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chef Mickey


A friend of mine (Amy Sewell) had just talked to someone who had just visited Disney and mentioned really enjoying character meals.  It was fortunately in just enough time for us to book breakfast with Chef Mickey.  We were staying in Orlando for a week, knew we would just go to Magic Kingdom for one day but still wanted a little more Disney fun.  This character breakfast at the Contemporary Resort gave us that opportunity without buying admission to a park (with free parking to boot!). 

It was so worth the overpriced buffet.  I don't even want to think about the amount of effort it would have taken to track these guys down in Magic Kingdom.  The girls (admittedly I as well) had a ball as the characters made their way to our table.  I even got a little Mickey Love!  Isabella came home and as we were showing Tim the pictures asked if he was mad at Mickey for hugging mommy. 

My advice (for whatever it's worth) on Character meals:

1.  Go while your youngest is under 3, they eat free!!
2.  Just take one adult!  It was priced OK for just Isabella and I, but if Tim would have gone I am not so sure it would have been worth it.  The food is average at best. 
3.  Take a coloring notebook.  The kid next to us got two drawings from the characters just for having crayons at his table. 
4.  Book as soon as you make your reservations. 
5.  Take advantage of those that are outside of the parks so that you're not wasting valuable park time eating a sit down meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment