Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandpa Chendo and Lita visit Atlanta!!!!!

This week my parents visited us from Corpus Christi, Texas. I knew it would be special, but I never imagined just how much. Isabella took to her maternal grandparents as if no time had past since our last visit.

I would describe Isabella's week as Operation Discovery. Their favorite game was to walk to the fridge, open it up and taste all sorts of new things. Part of me wanted to ask my father not to open a can of worms (how would I ever get anything done in the kitchen if all she wanted to do was explore); however, I didn't have the heart. They both were having so much fun it was worth anything that may or may not happen down the line. This video is from Friday as we discovered a caterpillar in our backyard, a very similar game to the fridge, but obviously outdoors.

Many days they would spend out on the porch eating watermelon, walking up and down the street in her buggy, or eating various meals. Time with her Lita was just as special and much of the same.

This picture was taken as we tried feeding Isabella breakfast, at the time we're singing a silly song in Spanish and she's tapping her head as the song calls for. Meal time has become very challenging, she does not like to eat in a chair and wants to graze. So for the time being we're doing whatever it takes for her to eat, we'll work on the where and how later down the line.

Here is our family on our way out to dinner. We took my parents out to dinner at Prime as a belated birthday gift.

This was taken in our back yard as Lita strolled her Isabella up and down our streets in her buggy. On one of those trips she found her dream home so we've got to figure out a way for them to get $2,000,000 so they can move here. :)
On their way to the airport we stopped at a park for Isabella to play.
Getting ready to go down the big girl slide.
Showing Grandpa that she can climb the chain ladder.
Our growing family. We're so blessed to have such loving parents in our lives. I miss them terribly and can't wait for July so I can have them here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment