Thursday, April 8, 2010

Super-Quick Salmon Stir-Fry


This recipe from my Jaime Oliver book was fantastic, and serves 2 perfect for nights in. From start to finish it will only take me about 15 minutes (rice takes longer) the second time around. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

1 cup of wild rice/basmati
3/4 lb of salmon fillet (I used two frozen fillets from costco) cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup of raw shelled peanuts (crushed in a plastic bag)
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
a thumb size of ginger (finely chopped)
1 fresh red chile (I used a small dried chile, but I am pretty sure I should have used a fresh larger chile)
Small bunch of fresh cilantro (separate the leaves from stalk, and finely chop stalks)
vegetable oil
1 heaping TBS of tandori or mild curry paste
large handful of snow peas
2/3 cup of coconut milk
handful of beansprouts
1 lime

Heat wok on high add about two swirls around the pan with vegetable oil. Add garlic, ginger, chile, and cilantro stalks. Stir 30 seconds add curry paste cook for another 30 seconds. Add salmon, cook for another minute then add coconut milk and peas. Cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over rice, garnish with bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, peanuts, and squeeze of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment