Monday, July 5, 2010

A Day Worth Blogging About



Things have been rather insane around the Walker house. Getting ready for our newest edition has not been easy. Nevertheless, I am so thankful to Tim for putting up with my obsessive nesting and for all that we've gotten done so far.
As you can tell from my last entry, I've hardly taken a step back to blog. In an effort to convince Tim that I did rest a little, I thought I should share with you our Fourth of July festivities. We spent the day working in and out of the house. After Isabella woke up from her nap at 5:45pm, we set out for dinner at Sonic. Awful choice (we know that now) health wise, but it just didn't live up to our expectations. Not making that mistake again. Moving on.....
We joined my friend Nina and her husband Dave at the Fourth of July Celebration in Downtown Norcross. It's such a treat to be hear that area and they had all sorts of neat thing for kids of all ages.

While Tim and Isabella waited in the train line, Isabella spotted the pony ride and instantly began to make horse noises. So we changed strategy and paid for the pony ride. She kept insisting that she wanted to ride the pony, but once I put her on it she began to stress out. For a second there Tim thought we had wasted five dollars, but I began singing Twinkle Twinkle and that's all it took for her to enjoy the ride. If you look at the picture we're both singing as we go round and round.

We walked around a bit, and then settled in with our bag of popcorn and cotton candy to watch the show. Isabella was high on chocolate milk as she was running around the lawn flirting/laughing at anyone giving her the time of day. She's definitely my child in that respect.





Once the show started, Isabella was in awe. We thought she might be a little scared, but she welcomed the lights with great delight. Eventually she got bored and again started to harass my friend's teenage step children which didn't mind. She stayed up and in a good mood till 10:30 that night, thanks to the late nap.

Although we take our Freedom for granted on a daily basis, I am grateful for all those who have sacrificed so much. I am however, disappointed that today is the 5th and I have no baby in my arms. It would have been nice to have had an Independence Day baby. Oh well there is always next time. :)



































No comments:

Post a Comment