Monday, September 20, 2010

Grandpa Chendo Visits

My father offered to spend some time working on the house, so we immediately took him up on it and flew him in . The main purpose of the trip was to work on the basement and landscape the girls play area. He was here for 10 days, and we got a ton of work accomplished during that time.

As some of you may know, my father bought a little piece of Georgia near Monticello. With that came a need for some sort of lawn mowing device, so we bought a riding lawnmower. Isabella had the luxury of taking the first ride around our yard with Grandpa Chendo.
Here are a couple of shots of the almost finished play area. Tim and Dad put up this fantastic looking fence and spread about 20 cubic yards of mulch. Isabella & mommy LOVE the area, as it's now a safer and much cleaner space for her to run around. We even put up a clothes line for me to dry some of our heavier/delicate clothing out to dry. All we have left is for Tim to build a gate and add a decorative header at the entrance. Thank you Dad and Tim for all your hard work!!!
As I started to blog about my fathers visit, I could not for the life of me think of a time where he left the house (with the exception of his time at the ranch). I feel a little guilty for being the slave driver I was, but when I see Isabella's face running around the back yard...I know we wouldn't have done it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment