Yeap.....there is no doubt about it. A third baby is on the way with a due date of January 11, 2013. We knew we wanted more children, but the timing came to us as a bit of a surprise. I had felt sort of funny, and while I was at the Dollar Tree, I picked up a pregnancy test (yes they really are $1.00). The picture above is the result of our first clearly positive test.
We're excited, although we're realizing that our lives are sort of built for a family of four: We're having to look at getting a new car (although there is a mom at our preschool that fits triplets in a Prius); new sleeping arrangements are necessary; and what do I do when three children what to cuddle at the same time. I have faith that it will all resolve itself. After all, we live in an a society that has so much unnecessary stuff and in other societies, the average family size is much larger, and most likely have much less.
We have had two ultrasounds and the most recent was done at 12 weeks. I saw the baby boxing and every now and then she would hit herself in the head. After the ultrasound technician told me that it was normal, my emotions went from a little concerned to relief that perhaps she's gearing up to hold her own with her sisters.
Since this is my last rodeo, I want to wait until the birth to find out the gender. However, I refer to the baby as a she, because I am convinced it's another girl. Isabella and her friend Piper have predicted it's a little brother. Tim believes it is another girl, but would like to to find out as soon as possible. I wonder how this will play out.
I am going to try to blog more often, so stay tuned as the Walker kids grow from two to THREE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment