Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chicken drama leads to Isabella feeding a goat

 
Posted by Picasa

As many of you know, in the past year I have begun keeping backyard chickens as a hobby.  The first five chickens that I started with created lots of drama. After the second one died and we discovered that the third was a rooster, I decided that it might be best to start from scratch (raise chicks).  

At the farm we visited to buy some chicks, Isabella got to feed a goat and I ended up with 5 chicks that were "suppose to be hens".  A few months later, after awakening yet again to to crow of a rooster, I realized that three of my "hens" were roosters.  It is illegal for us to have roosters in Sandy Springs, so I am not too happy about this outcome.  We're only buying grown hens from now on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment