Saturday, April 27, 2013

Random April Pictures

 
 
Here are the girls at Chastain Park with Ben our little friend.  I am so grateful for this play date, because it changed me as a mother.  Ben's mom, Anne, without knowing it made me realize that I could benefit from lowering my expectations and by realizing that my children are really just children.  You can't expect them to act like adults they will cry, they will fight, they will throw fits, or in Anne's case empty entire bottles of syrup all over her floor before walking out the door. That doesn't mean I don't discipline or teach our children what is acceptable behavior, I just reduce my expectations to avoid emotional responses (yelling is completely ineffective).  She's made April a great month for me, I hope I can carry it through the summer.

 
This picture was taken on April 10th, what a cutie!!! 

 
Remember these?  I brought them home from their Aunt Laine's baby shower, they were a huge hit!

 
Anyone guess where Abigail's ice pack came from?  Dear friends of ours, Eric & Leigh Ann advised us to take everything you could from your hospital room after delivery.  We did just that for all three  deliveries, hence why Abigail is using a perineal ice pack for her goose egg.  Poor Abigail. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment