Monday, May 17, 2010

Bunco Baby Shower




I know many people forgo a baby shower for their second child; however I personally felt that a second baby was just as deserving of a welcoming as Isabella. To each their own, but I am so glad I had an opportunity to share this special moment with some of my closest friends.



Prior to several of my friends having babies we use to play Bunco once a month. It basically was an excuse to just get together and chat about what’s been going on in each others lives. So when the shower came around, I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate the two.

My sister and one of my closest friends Amy Sewell hosted the shower at our house. Although it was a lot of work leading up to the shower, we are so happy with how well the house looks. Now it’s a matter of keeping it clean. The ladies put together a great spread with humus, spinach dip, fruit salad, quiche, chicken salad bites, and strawberry cupcakes. Aimee (my sister) designed the most adorable diaper cake with fresh flowers.

Baby number two came into some great loot primarily diapers, wipes, and gift cards. We also got a really fun monogrammed cooler baggie, fun burp cloths, and an awesome handmade breastfeeding cover up.

It’s times like these that we are reminded of how much people care for us. Our family is truly blessed!!! Thank you to all of you who were there in presence and in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment