Monday, June 13, 2011

QT with Grandpa & Grandma Walker


Before the girls and I head down to Texas we wanted to spend some quality time with the Grandparents in Akin. We arrived around 12:30pm and met Grandpa & Grandma at their church yard sale. We picked up a few finds, and headed home.

During nap time, Yvonne and I did our standard trip to the fabric store. I love seeing what new fabrics they have and planning out the girls' next few outfits. Shortly after we arrived back home we packed the girls up and went to Flanigan's for ice cream. Isabella proved her paternity through her affinity for ice cream. As soon as the girl was done sharing with Tim, she was off to see who else would share with her. After ice cream, the girls cooled off in the kiddy pool Grandpa bought for all his grand babies.

Sunday morning we joined Grandpa & Grandma at church, had a fantastic meal, and spent a relaxing afternoon together.

I love visiting with Yvonne on so many levels, she is a wonderful teacher. Having raised three children, she's picked up a few tricks: Simple things, like trimming your green beans with kitchen sheers or processing your jam in the oven rather than on the stove. Tim enjoyed picking his fathers brain about our various home improvement projects. After spending most of his life in construction, he's our go to guy.

The ride there and back was not the easiest, but totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment